Below are 5 top shopping places in Danang. They are the most famous budget shopping destinations in Da Nang which offer various types of goods from fashion clothing, handbags, shoes to any kinds of souvenirs that definitely meet your needs, your tastes as well as your wallets.
1. Han Market
Han Market which was built from nearly a decade ago is a popular destination for tourists in Da Nang.
This market is famous for various goods including fabric, clothes, footwear, fresh fruits and flowers, especially special fish sauce typical for local people’s dishes. The market is not only known for abundance of commodities but for the reasonable prices of items also. Among more than 50 markets in Da Nang City, Han market is truly a good place for shopping.
What to explore: The beautiful two-floored design and tidy arrangement of commodities help people feel comfortable when going to the market. The ground level is predominantly food stalls, dry goods as well as fresh. The upper level is dominated by many fabric, shoes and clothes stalls, which are traded all day long.
How to get there:
- Han Market’s address: Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau District
- One can easily reach Han market by taxi or motor taxi. If you stay at one of the beach resort on Danang coast, a trip to Han market would cost $5/one way by taxi.
- The best times to visit Han Market are between 06:00 and 11:00 and then after 16:00, when the market is bursting with activity rather than asleep.
- Please note that if items for sale have price labels there is normally no bargaining and the vendor might become a little indignant if you suggest a lower price. But try it anyway, you never know your luck!
Here is a video of this market Han Market
2. Con Market
Con Market, officially known as Da Nang Commercial Centre, is the busiest market in Da Nang. Located at the corner of Hung Vuong and Ong Ich Khiem street, two main streets in the centre of the city, the market is very convenient for both locals and visitors to shop here.
(Address: 318, Ong Ich Khiem, Hai Chau District, Da nang City)
It welcomes an average of more than 11,000 customers every day. It is now home to more than 2,000 stalls, and various selections of goods can be found here. In addition to Han Market, tourists can visit Con Market to buy specialities of Da Nang as well as the central region of Viet Nam at a reasonable price whilst they are visiting the city.
- Con market is better for a day time visit.
- Bargaining is a must-do when you buy anything here, you can pay about 30-40% lower – price for each item.
3. Big C Supermarket
BigC is the biggest retail supermarket in Danang. There’re plenty of goods with the price printed on, you will never be overcharged. Easy for a beginning shopper.
Big C offers a complete one-stop-shopping for customers: over 50000 items in each store, from fresh food to groceries, from clothing to home decor, as well as electronics such as household electrical appliances and audio-visual appliances, all at low price.
- Every day, Big C’s professional bakers produce 100% of the bread range.
- A free delivery service is available to shoppers with an invoice of 200,000 VND or more.
- Address: 255 Hung Vuong Street, Hai Chau Distric ( near Con Market)
- Opening hours: 8h00 AM – 22h00 PM
4. LOTTE Mart Da Nang
This is biggest shopping center in Da Nang and Lotte Mart’s 4th shopping center in Viet Nam. Lotte Mart was build in modern style, which is suitable for shopping habit and entertainment.
Lotte Mart can serve with over 20,000 kinds of product which are mostly high quality Vietnamese origin and in reasonable prices.
What to do here: This is one of the big one- stop shopping mall that can satisfy the demand of shopping, family outing activities, entertainment for customers of all ages. Customers can spend their time on the big direct sale areas and many kinds of restaurants, coffee shops, spaces for entertaining ( bowling, roller skating..), or cinemas with famous brands: Lotteria, Paris Baguette, Coca Express, Lotte Cinema.
- Address: No. 06 Nai Nam, North Hoa Cuong Ward, Hai Chau District, HCMC. Da Nang.
- Operating time: 8h00 AM – 22h00 PM
- Click here to get more information about Lotte Mart: http://www.lottemart.com.vn/
5. Danang Souvenirs & Café
Danang Souvenirs specializes in tourism souvenirs and gifts about Da Nang city. If you would like to give your family and your friends some gifts showing Da Nang City features, this is a right place for you. They design their own products with the city’s images on in the hope that they can bring their city to the world. There is a wide range of products to choose from: tshirt, teddy bear, key rings, magnet, etc.
Danang Souvenirs & Café is located at 34 Bach Dang Street, next to Novotel Da Nang Premier Han River and Da Nang Administrative Center.
Moreover, the shop has café area where you can have some rest with thirst-quenching drinks, chat with friends, or find some inspiration for work (with free wifi) when appreciating the souvenir collections exclusively designed by Da Nang Souvenirs. You will get the reasonable price here as well.
You can see some of their products at Da Nang Souvernir & Café
Beside these above places, there are also many other local shopping markets worth visiting scattered around Hung Vuong, Hoang Dieu, Phan Chu Trinh street where you can find DVDs, clothes, bags, shoes and just about anything you may need, including house wares.